BEACH DREAMS & OPEN DAY SAILING INTEREST

SteveV

Administrator
Posts 90
Report to moderator

• View Profile
    • http://www.sailbarda.co.uk
Folks,

The club had a lot of interest on the 2014 Beach Dreams festival display stand and at the Club Open Day from people seeking a chance to discover if they want to take up sailing at SYC, and as a first step they have been asked to join this forum and post up their details. I have asked them to explain any sailing experience they might have and anything else that might help me match them to a skipper and boat for a Sundays' racing.

If you are thinking of signing up, there's no need to post your private contact details on the forum as we can get in touch with you using forum messaging system.

I'll be monitoring the entries here and will be introducing these potential new members and sailors to skippers who can help them understand what an amazing sport we play. I would like to get the first placements sorted out by the first week of July so participants can get out on the water, conditions permitting, from Summer Series 3 onwards which is 6 June.

So come on folks, if you have an itch to try sailing with us sign up right here, right now!

Regards

Steve Vyse
Vice Commodore

Paul Parham

Seaman
Posts 2
Report to moderator

• View Profile
Hi Steve,

I was one of those from Beach Dreams (Lovely day!)

Before moving to Shoreham about 12yrs ago I used to live in Emsworth and sail in Chitchester harbour and the Solent etc.

I'm very interested in getting back out on the water, and by crewing on Sundays will be a great way of resurrecting my passion or the sea.

Regards,

Paul

SteveV

Administrator
Posts 90
Report to moderator

• View Profile
Paul,

great to hear from you.

Laurence Woodhams who is the skipper of Ocean Dreams has a spot on board for you to try the racing. He has your email address and will be getting in touch.

Steve V

loulou_1980

Seaman
Posts 1
Report to moderator

• View Profile
Hi, I would be really interested in being Crew on a sunday. How much sailing experience do you need? I am half way through doing my competent crew certificate, have done one weekend just need to do another, and have signed up to go help with a boat that is sailing over to Cowes week, but really thats all the very little experience I have. I would love to learn more and go out on the boats more as I really have the bug now. Can you let me know if there is anything that I can sign up to.

Many thanks
Louise

SteveV

Administrator
Posts 90
Report to moderator

• View Profile
Louise,

great to hear from you. There is a chance, weather permitting,  I can get you on a boat for Sunday 6 July but need to speak to a skipper that's on holiday until the end of the week. Leave it with me and I'll get back to you with some news as soon as I know more.

Best

Steve Vyse

Paul Parham

Seaman
Posts 2
Report to moderator

• View Profile
Hi Steve,

I've still not heard anything.....is there still a slot to fill?

Regards,

Paul

awheels68

Seaman
Posts 1
Report to moderator

• View Profile
Hello,

I am also a member with little experience in sailing. I was wondering if there was anywhere other than this forum where there might be a list of required crew -  on a notice board at the club for instance?

( That is not to say that there has been a shortage of opportunities so far. Far from it! )

Many thanks

Alistair