Forgot your password?

Longing to sail again

rich

Seaman
Posts 1
Report to moderator

• View Profile
Hello  all.

A new job has meant that I finally have some spare time on my hands and I would love to get back into sailing. As you are my local sailing club I thought you would be a good place to start.

I unfortunately am unable to afford my own boat so I am hoping someone may looking for crew either on keel boats or in dinghyís.  I havenít sailed seriously for ten years now (university and work got in the way for a while), but I am now in a position where I can start to do the nice things in life again.

I donít claim to be the most experienced of sailors, but I do have experience as crew in a GP14 where I raced for 3 seasons or so at a sailing club on the Thames estuary.  I also spent a few summers sailing on an Ocean Youth Club yacht, firstly as a member of crew, and then as a bosun.  In this time we cruised along the south coast of the UK and took part in races in the Baltic and across the Bay of Biscay.

As I say, it has been a while since all this happened so I may be a bit rusty, but I would be very keen to help anyone out if they will give me a go.

Hoping to hear from someone soon

Richard

djskinner

Lieutenant
Posts 167
Report to moderator

• View Profile
Read your post.Moonlight Saunter is always on the look out for crew for Racing and Rallying.A Feeling 416.Comfortable but with a turn of speed that does well in local events.Will be putting together my Autumn list at end of this month.If interested see my post under boats lookintg for crew ect.Best of luck.David.