Sailing Section > Rallies at Sussex Yacht Club

Solent Rally

(1/1)

Harnold:
The start of the rally season is finally almost upon us!

It kicks off with the Solent Rally on Friday 2nd May. The rally will begin with a race from Shoreham to the forts off of Portsmouth. The rally will then continue on to Cowes where walk ashore pontoons have been reserved for the Solent Rally at the Folly Inn on the River Medina where we will have a group meal at 8pm.

When arriving at the River Medina and passing the port hand market number 10, could all yachts please call ‘Folly Launch’ on VHF channel 72 for berthing instructions. At the Folly Inn we have a group table booked for dinner but everyone should order off of the main menu and pay at the bar. In addition to the main menu they have a special Grill night where a steak and a drink can be ordered from £9.95 per head.  The Grill menu can be found here https://www.oldenglishinns.co.uk/files/5013/8124/6440/Grill_Friday.pdf
On Saturday we have arranged what we hope will be an interesting and exciting treasure hunt sailing around the Solent (details will be given out during dinner on Friday evening) before entering the Beaulieu River for an evening at Gins restaurant at the Royal Southampton Yacht Club (dress code is Cowes Rig). The set menu for our rally at Gins is below, however please let me know if you have any special dietary requirements and require something different to the set menu.

In the Beaulieu river we have arranged 10 walk ashore pontoons plus river moorings. When approaching Gins please call the Bosun on channel 77 with call sign ‘Sea Echo’ and they will give you further direction.

On Sunday we leave the Beaulieu River and head for Itchenor where we will moor up and then go ashore for dinner at the Ship Inn. The Ship Inn have organised a two course dinner for the rally. Please let me have your menu choices from the menu at the bottom of this email by NO LATER THAN FRIDAY 25 APRIL.

If you haven’t already done so, please let me have your boat name and crew names together with their menu choices all by Friday 25 April.

We are also organising fleeces for the Solent Rally with the SYC logo on. They can be purchased for £13 per fleece and can also be ordered with your boat name on. If you would like to order a fleece please let me know the quantity and sizes that you require and whether you would like to include your boat name, along with the exact spelling. I will need to order these straight away to get them in time for the rally so please let me have the quantities required by no later than Thursday 17th April.

I hope to see you all there for what is looking like another great Solent Rally!

Hazel Arnold (ukhazel@yahoo.co.uk)
Rally Secretary

Gins Rally menu (Set Menu 3 Courses £21.40)
Starter - Gins Leek and potato soup served with warm bread
Main - Roast breast of corn-fed chicken fondant potato and pesto cream sauce
Dessert - Dark chocolate and pistachio tart raspberry Couli
* The main course comes with a selection of seasonal vegetables for the table.

Classic Prawn Cocktail in a Marie Rose Sauce

Soup of the Day with Crusty Bread

Baked Camembert with Crusty Bread and Chutney

Mains
Beer Battered Fresh Haddock with Hand Cut Chunky Chips and Crushed Peas

Whole tail Scampi, Twice Cooked Chunky Chips, Crushed Peas and Salad

Goats Cheese and Herb Risotto, Parmesan, Mixed Salad and Garlic Bread

Baked Ham, Double Egg and Twice cooked Chunky Chips

Trio of Local handmade Sausages, Seasonal Vegetables, Mashed Potato and Onion Gravy

Seabass Fillets on a Bed of Creamed Leeks and Crushed New Potatoes (£2 supplement)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version